Partner | Oldsmar, Florida
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Distinguished Student award
- Law Journal: Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical and Clinical Law, Editor-in-Chief
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Bank of America, N.A., Counsel
- Horizon Investments, LLC, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Side Street Capital, LLC, General Counsel
- Drive Technology Group, Inc., General Counsel
- First Legacy Investors, Inc., Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- First Legacy Securities, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Energy River, Inc., General Counsel
About Tad Cook
Tad spends his time at our offices located in Clearwater, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, and Asheville, North Carolina.
Tad counsels on a variety of legal topics, including general business, securities law, mergers and acquisitions and wealth management. He works with estate and statutory trusts, and estate planning, focused on both the financial concerns and business exit plans.
He served in-house as legal counsel in the financial sector for banks, investment advisory firms and a securities broker dealer. As general counsel, he necessarily dealt with transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, and capital formation. Tad is licensed in North Carolina and Florida and works from the Firm’s offices in both states. As an attorney with over 25 years of corporate legal, and personal asset protection experience and personal financial experience, Tad has a unique view from both the legal and personal perspective.
“I believe starting my career as an in-house attorney gives me a unique, client focused approach. A lot of attorneys claim to care about their clients, but my approach stems from the experience of being a part of the client team. We at PLG Law treat every client, regardless of how big or how small the project, as if we are their general counsel or personal family counsel. We take care of our clients just as if they are the CEO or the family manager in the office right next door. Fast, attentive, personal service focused on the total need of your clients, not just the immediately issue. It is the equivalent to the difference between playing chess vs checkers.”
This team approach is a key difference and sets us apart from other firms.
Contact PLG Law
Get in touch with us
To get in touch, please fill out the form below.