Colleen R. Jones
Attorney | Charlotte, North Carolina
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor 1986, with honors
- Loyola University, BA Political Science 1983, with honors
- University of Maryland, non-degree MBA program
- ACN, Inc., the world’s largest direct seller of telecommunications, internet, technology and essential services
- Executive Vice President, Global General Counsel and Secretary Cable & Wireless, PLLC, Special Counsel, Reorganization and Bankruptcy Planning
- Ricochet Networks, Inc., Vice President, Real Estate
- Winstar Communications, Inc., Vice President, Commercial Legal Operations
- Prior to In House work, various positions including equity partner, with several AM 25 Law Firms, including Thelen, LLP, Dewey LeBoeuf/LeBoeuf Lamb, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP, Whiteford Taylor Preston, LLP, and Frank Bernstein Conaway and Goldman, LP in Baltimore, New York, DC, and London
About Colleen R. Jones
Colleen brings over 34 years of comprehensive Chief Legal Officer experience guiding and managing all legal matters for large companies to her PLG Law colleagues and their clients. She has held both attorney and operating positions, and as a result greatly appreciates the financial and business impacts of legal advice. She partners with them with a very down-to-earth, practical and strategic style to solve business problems with efficient lawyering. She has worked in a variety of industries over the course of her career, and across the globe.
She is equally at home counseling boards and shareholders about corporate governance (publicly or privately held), assisting clients in doing business internationally, handling mergers and acquisitions, creating supply chain, software and technology arrangements, advising on HR, administrative and facilities issues, and crafting e-commerce, data protection and privacy programs and agreements.
She has authored numerous books on international business, shareholder buy-sell agreements, and non-profit organizations, and publishes and presents frequently on these topics as well as communications issues in the workplace, differences in gender communication styles, and the changing technology and privacy world. In addition to her work as an attorney at PLG Law, serves as a member of the board of directors of several companies.
Contact PLG Law
Get in touch with us
To get in touch, please fill out the form below.