Corporate Law Attorneys
PLG Law offers expert corporate counsel. Our experience ranges from business formation and contract negotiation to M&A transactions and capital raise. We provide guidance in franchising opportunities, ensuring that businesses can navigate the complexities of growth and expansion.
Four decades of corporate expertise
What is business law?
PLG Law provides corporate advice and counsel to corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and boards of directors. For over forty years, we’ve advised and advocated for corporate clients across a broad spectrum of industries and jurisdictions. Every day, we help businesses determine how best to structure their operations. Our Corporate Counsel team provides insightful, tailored support in forming the right legal entity in the right place for your business and for your long-term goals.
We help our clients identify the types of contracts they need and we offer comprehensive support in contract negotiation, drafting, and enforcement. Our corporate services include, but are not limited to:
- Business formation and capitalization
- Subchapter S and subchapter C corporations
- Limited liability companies
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Corporate governance and business operations
- Commercial contracts and corporate transactions
- Employment contracts
- Licensing agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Knowledgeable, connected, and client-focused, our lawyers have the tools to build a sustainable plan for your business’s future.
Mergers and Acquisitions
When your business reaches a point where its future involves a merger, acquisition or some other type of major corporate transaction, you need to know that all necessary elements of the transaction will be carried out effectively. There is no room for error. Having experienced counsel there to shepherd you through the process can help protect you and your business.
We assist all types of major transactions, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures — We can structure and document the transaction, orchestrate the due diligence process, draft documentation, and handle the legal aspects of the integration.
- Company and subsidiary formation — Our firm can create, modify, strategically and geographically move an entity’s state of organization, and tactically draft organic documentation. We provide counsel concerning corporate compliance and maintenance, and fulfill annual filings requirements.
- Corporate structuring — Rearranging the corporate structure of your business can help achieve a wide variety of goals.
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances — We offer strategic assistance with structuring the relationship, documenting the alliance, and managing the ongoing paper trail and associated compliance.
- Assorted sophisticated transactions — We also have expertise with a wide variety of other, more sophisticated transactions like warehousing arrangements, factoring contracts, derivatives (swaps, futures and options), financial product trades (bonds and syndicated loans), structured products, etc.
Business capital formation
We believe small business capital formation is critical to not only the health of our individual business clients but the economy as a whole.
Banking reform precipitated as a result of the great recession has left many small businesses with a lack of access to capital. Without capital many businesses cannot grow, adapt, or even fund their current, successful business. Capital practitioners and even the US Securities and Exchange Commission have gotten creative in an attempt to provide solutions while still protecting the investing public.
We have structured and focused our firm to help our clients raise capital and/or leverage their business to bring in capital. There are only a limited number of ways a business can raise capital, outside of the provision of its products and services. A business can borrow (including from a traditional bank if you can get it), participate in a joint venture, franchise, sell equity, and/or license your intellectual property and other assets.
Our combined decades of legal and business experience allows us to deliver guidance, documentation, and provide the legal and regulatory assistance needed to raise money in a variety of formats.
Some examples of how we can help:
- Securities Solutions — From raising capital through the private sale of your company’s stock or the issuance of debt instruments to going public through a Reg A offering, we can create the offering, draft the appropriate disclosure and subscription paperwork, provide guidance with respect to any reporting requirements and deal with the regulatory aspects of any securities-related offering.
- Company and Subsidiary Formation — Our firm can create, modify, strategically and geographically move an entity’s state of organization, and tactically draft organic documentation. We provide counsel concerning corporate compliance and maintenance, and fulfill annual filings requirements.
- Corporate Structuring — Rearranging the corporate structure of your business can help achieve a wide variety of goals.
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances — We offer strategic assistance with structuring the relationship, documenting the alliance, and managing the ongoing paper trail and associated regulatory compliance. Joint Venture or Pre-Payment Agreement; Prepayment plan through retailers; Rep, dealer, or VAR agreement with upfront inventory built in; Preselling (ex. Traditional Crowd-Funding), etc.
- Complex Alternative Transactions — We also have expertise with a wide variety of other, more sophisticated transactions like warehousing arrangements, factoring contracts, derivatives (swaps, futures and options), financial product trades (bonds and syndicated loans), structured products, and others.
How can we help with Franchising?
When you are looking for new opportunities to grow your business, franchising may be the right fit. You have spent time, effort and money investing in developing a business that has succeeded. There are always people with resources who are hungry for the chance to own a successful business, but they may simply lack the concept and knowledge that you can share.
We can help you monetize the business model that you have worked so hard to build and refine. We'll help you understand what the process of franchising entails and how to effectively navigate the numerous facets of the process.
Our assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating the franchise agreement
- Drafting required franchise disclosure documents
- Working with you to develop your manuals, processes and other instructional information
- Coordinating with intellectual property counsel with respect to your trademarks, logos, copyright, patents (if any), etc.
- Registering your company in require registration.
- Coordinating all franchise advertising to assure it is in compliance with the various state laws
- Providing periodic updates and the associated state filings
Contact Our Lawyers
Contact PLG Law today to speak with a knowledgeable and experienced attorney.
Corporate Law Locations
- 223 East Blvd. Suite 4 Charlotte, NC 28203
- (704) 405-3956
Charlotte, North Carolina
I felt comfortable from the first moment we met. All my emails/phone calls have been promptly answered. Professionalism is very apparant without being "stuffy". I highly recommend this law office for all your needs
PLG Law gave us all the options so we could make the best decisions for ourselves. In addition, their paralegal Jean always responded to us very quickly, and followed up promptly whenever we had any questions, or needed clarifications. You will be well-satisfied, and enjoy working with this legal firm.
What truly sets this group apart is their unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. They took the time to listen to my concerns, answer my questions, and provide regular updates on the progress of my case. Their transparent communication style made me feel valued and reassured throughout the entire legal process.
At PLG Law, our goal is to make sure that we understand your needs, provide you with superior legal advice and personalize our approach to devise an effective plan for you
Contact us today
Get in touch with PLG Law
At PLG Law, we're committed to assisting individuals and organizations in making informed decisions that align with their goals and protect their interests. Contact our attorneys today and let us become your trusted advisor.
Setup a consultation
To get in touch, please fill out the form below or call us.
- 223 East Blvd. Suite 4 Charlotte, NC 28203
- (704) 405-3956